Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Surprise! New Hair.

Okay, okay, so not that surprising. But really, both Patrick and I have gone a record amount of time without changing our hair (though it couldn't last forever). We don't dye Easter Eggs, but at least we dye something!

This is what we looked like a few days ago:

*I know I look rather unpleasant in this picture. Patrick told me we were going for "severe" faces. He lies.
**I also know this picture is at a weird angle. I apologize for any neck discomfort looking at it may cause you.


Now we look like this:



We switched! I got reddish hair magnificently provided by my love's expertise in hair-dying, and Patch traded his red hair (dyed for this play) for a terrific black-brown reminiscent of a rockabilly star.


So far, my two favorite comments have been:

AJ (a little boy in our Primary class): "Look! You two switched hair!"

Sister Braby (a darling woman who works at the Manhattan Temple with us): "Patrick, your hair looks so much better like this. I didn't want to say anything while you had it, but I never liked the red. Brother Andelin (oh, I shouldn't say this)...well, he said it looked like you did it with food dye! This is much better."

Indeed, Sister Braby. Indeed.


~L

11 comments:

topher clark said...

Really great hair-do's. I approve! Patrick, you look like Tin-Tin.

Anonymous said...

Does Sister Braby's (<-wha?) comment make you wonder what other kinds of smack the old folks are talking? It sure makes me wonder...

I for one find your new looks stunning. How does one get in on this chic hair action?

The UnMighty said...

Found your blog through Hailey Smith's.
Loved the story of the 50% drunken brawl.

Stacy said...

Lindsay I believe you are one of very few people who can wear any haircolor and still look classy. It appears as if Patrick has quite improved his hair-dying skills since some of the disasters he put me through in college. Alright, some of them were decent, except when he would try and do a "weave" and get tired after, oh say a few foils and I would end up with a few sprouts of color in my bangs and that's it.

Unknown said...

I Louvre both of the 'dos.

Anonymous said...

Wait! Now no one will be able to figure out who they're talking to! It's like identical twins switching clothes. I expect appropriate stunts and pranks to be pulled.

Anonymous said...

You are always the cutting edge and the dying edge of style. I didn't know you had lost the red for a bit Lindsay and I am so glad to see it back because I think you are a beautiful red head although you're always beautiful and I don't mean to be Sister Braby with that comment I just made either. But I do have to say that I remember Stacy's hair dye once at your house Patch and I'm beginning to wonder how I ever escaped that fate. Hmm. I do have you to thank for my first taste of an ACTUAL salon with my forced trip to Darcy in high school. Thank you!

Liz Stanley said...

I think in private (i.e. not in the temple) old people talk so much smack. nice work guys, now when are you flying out to fix my hair?

Rachel said...

Love the hair. I just linked over to the clips from the play, I must say the tambourine in The Rules brought me back to our play in Mrs. Green's drama class which ended in an interpretive dance done to the drum I pulled out from my cloak. Oh the memories!

S&F Seminario said...

I don't know why my post posted as Katie but it was really sharon. Heh.

P and L said...

Anytime you want to fly us out, liz.