Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Craft: Quilted Stockings

So I made these (I think) really adorable stockings. I was most pleased with how they turned out! We went to our favorite fabric store, Purl Soho, a few weeks ago and picked out fabric for our stockings and for the Balsers' (for their Christmas present). Then I drew a pattern (using some fancy Anthro tights as a guide) and got to work. Below are the results.

Look, quilted!
And, at P's request, monogrammed. I think the letters turned out quite lovely (although cursive sewing is not easy).

We made them for the Balsers as well, and left them on the sofa filled with goodies on Christmas morning.
Their fabric is of a different palette, and the girls' stockings feature some lovely adornment, but the pattern is the same.This picture of the stockings is a little like an "I Spy" page. Find the picture of the Seminarios. Find a button. Find a goose. Go on, try it!

Merry Christmas, all! Okay, okay, it's a few days after Christmas, I know. But did you know that the twelve days of Christmas actually begin on the 25th and go from there? So, really, I'm just preserving the traditional way of celebrating.

~L

3 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

You are crafty? Who knew! They're beautiful Linds.

Casey&Mal said...

SO CUTE!!! I'm very impressed!

Spencer and Joanie said...

IMPRESSIVE!! And just so you know...the eagle has finally landed! You no longer have to bomb the post office...phew!