Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I was called Ma'am by a Nun.


I was sitting in Taco Bell, too full from over ordering, reading a book.

I looked up
and a Nun was standing at my table
with a little wooden bowl
with money in it.


I thought she would sit down.





"St. Joseph's Orphanage?" She held out the bowl.



"I'm Sorry?"


"St. Joseph's Orphanage...Yes or No."

"Oh.

No."


She looked somewhat surprised for less than a second. Then she said,

"God Bless you, Ma'am."

And she moved to the next table.







I felt it was calculated.

~P

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wait- don't you have a full on BEARD right now? That is so funny!!!

kerry said...

I love that, I think I'll have to visit your blog everyday for a while just to read it and make me happy!

Stacy said...

What is a vegetarian doing in Taco Bell??? As someone who worked there for two days when I was 15, I know that there is beef fat/grease in every ingredient on their menu.

P and L said...

Skip the meat. Extra beans.

~p