Saturday, February 06, 2010

Waiting for Daisy

So. We may have stepped over the line of crazy in our waiting. It's been a week, and the rush of utter excitement has given over to the paralyzing fear attached to adoption, to the euphoria of commerce, to fury over shipping companies, to the numb of the under prepared, the sweet sense that we know her, to the rush of utter excitement... needless to say, I made her a bunny. {pictured above}

...by the way...this is P... not L.

L is making all the bedding and has done a INCREDIBLE {I am not kidding} job. One of the best things about L is this: you know that little button in your head that goes off when you think about doing something you probably can't? Yeah, she doesn't have that. She does it in cooking, she does it in sewing, she does it in PhDs, she has no fear and truly believes, "What one person can do, another can do." I love that about her and it is proving, not only frugal in our current endeavor but adorable! {No, there are no pictures yet and won't be until we are all safe and home.}

Back to the bunny. I was off work and home alone and L's sewing stuff was everywhere all over the house {our friend said it looked like a beautiful sweatshop}. I was literally pacing the living room thinking about every thing that needs to happen and everything that can happen and every thing I do not want to happen. And I had a little feeling, 'Put your hands to work.' So, without much of a plan and with L's fearlessness, I started making Daisy a bunny. She {the bunny} took a few hours, and right when she was done L came home and I had someone to talk to...eliminating the need to make more bunnies.

~P

16 comments:

Lulu said...

That's adorable! Your good Patrick! Can't wait to see pics of the quilt too.
You're happiness is very contagious, it seeps from every word. Congrats again!

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

So we are sooo excited for you!!! I was thinking about you guys the other day and wondering how things were going.

The bunny is awesome and so is the name Daisy.

The best part about having a kid in 2010 is that it will always be easy to figure out how old they are...atleast that is why I told Jer that we needed to have a kid in 2010 :)

Congrats again...can't wait to see her.

love bug momma said...

You're sweet. I don't know you, I just found your blog...I went to Jerusalem with Lindsay. Congratulations on your new little one to-be! There's nothing better!

P.S. The bunny's adorable!

Julie Kaye said...

First let me say that you show your "cool"ness just cause you can make a bunny! Sooo I can't believe that I somehow missed your last post!! HOLY CRAP I am flippin excited for you! Love the idea of you two having a baby, love the name, love that it's a girl--especially with that name, and most of all love you guys! You can do it!

aubs said...

I totally missed your last post also adn congrats! Matty was just telling me the other day that someone in the family needs to have another baby and voila, now you guys are having one! Woohoo! And yes I know that I am not technically part of the family anymore but Matty is and he is so happy!

aubs said...

just don't pay any attention to the spelling errors I may or may not have made...I was really excited while typing the message, oh ya and cute bunny!

Stacy said...

So I have become a defunct blogger...having not touched my page since last summer and because I have nothing for anyone to comment on, I also stopped perusing others' pages as well. But I became bored with facebook and I of course need something to distract me from actually working, so I popped in on a few pages to find this!! Yay! And then I remembered that Adam actually told me just two days ago about it as well and I was (am) so happy for you guys :)
And it's a girl, my heart's one desire.
Feb. 24th is my dad's birthday, and since he is a self-proclaimed "Living Legend", I'm sure that means we should expect big things from little Daisy :)
Congratulations!
PS...very impressed with the sewing from you two. I've been a mom for over six years and haven't been within 10 feet of a sewing machine yet.

Casey&Mal said...

CUTEST!!! I LOVE her apron. You should make a *slightly* bigger one for Daisy to wear (in a year or so!)

Miss you guys :)

Da said...

How cute is that bunny!!!! You are awesome!
XOXOXOXOXO

Momma said...

Hey, GREAT bunny, GREAT home alone activity. You both are so seriously remarkable. I did get up at 4:30 to think about you thinking in the nursery. It is such a dear image in my mind. I CAN'T wait for the wait to be over and all to be well. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we feel very good about things. Remember we love you soo soo much and are so very proud of you extraordinary people! Love forever, Momma

Rachel said...

Patrick!!! I am so excited for you two. This is the most fantastic thing. Little Daisy is coming into an amazing family. You and Lindsey are going to be wonderful parents. I have no doubt. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Emily said...

How very, very exciting!!! Adoption is a miracle and Daisy is very blessed. Good luck with the waiting...but at least it's only a few weeks. Yeah!!

Beej said...

Nice Bunny, P!! Thinking about you 2 constantly, so excited for your family. Much love from FL!! Bexi

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Oh my. Sweet Daisy! SOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT to see her in your little family. I thrilled for you guys!

Britt said...

lovely, lovely, lovely...and i agree about linds, the little engine that could..and did..and does. i love that about her. i wish i had that courage. i am a coat-tail rider, and don't you forget it!

i hope your february baby is as much of a fire-cracker as mine is! they kick butt--mostly yours :) love you guys...

Anonymous said...

I just want to say congratulations! Daisy is a perfect name and I am sure she is going to be adorable. Can't wait to see some pictures... I am excited for you both!

Nicole