Friday, March 26, 2010

So, it's been a month...

You know those people who are interesting and witty and blog about themselves and you know it's a bit pompous, but they live far away and maybe they will post a picture or two and you'll be able to see what kind of hair they have now, so you pop in and read the blog every now and then and you see that they are going to have a baby and you think to yourself, 'Well there goes that blog turning into another, 'Look how cute our baby is, she kinda smiled and because we never stop taking pictures of her we caught her smile, which may have just been gas but now it's a perfect smile, 'cause our baby is so happy and we are so happy and everyone is so gosh dern happy that we have to blog about it to our friends and family' blog, which is the only thing worse than a self-indulgent blog in the first place but you wonder if these people, who had previously blogged about how really cool their life without kids was would fall in the the trap of kid blogging so cheezy and overdone that they pull their brother-in-law's curtains off the wall and do glamour shots with the week-old baby, who never asked for such a thing and certainly never asked to have such pictures flung on to the internet for her future employer is pull up and think, 'Well, she does have great qualifications, but there is that naked picture of her in the bath running around the web' and give the job to some guy named Stan, whose parents were strong and moral people who did not believe in exploiting their son's innate good looks from birth on, or, if they did, they showed the courage and character not to give in to such impulses which is why, because of this post, we have a president of the United States named Stan in the year 2053.

Sorry, Daisy.





a couple of friends.







coming home on the plane.




the naked election loosing picture.







I know.... but what?!
~p

21 comments:

Unknown said...

The secret is, once you are a parent, you stop being annoyed by that type of blog. So post all the pictures you want.

One time I took a picture of Noel and Lila in the tub and the photoshopped his penis away. We live in a weird world where you have to worry about things like that...

susan said...

The pictures are wonderful, please keep posting them, because I think it will be a very long time before I get to see Daisy in in person.

Loralee said...

Oh my goodness. Are you kidding me?!?

You did get the most beautiful baby in the world. 100% Jealous.

What do you two think about pre-arranged marriages? I was against it until I saw Daisy.

Mandy and Jason said...

Congrats on bringing Daisy home. She is beautiful! The tub picture is not bad at all. Stan can kiss the presidency goodbye. Jason

Doug and Christie said...

Oh my gosh, she's so gorgeous.

P.S. I love self-indulgent blogs and I-love-my-perfect-kid blogs so long as they're written by people I love.

Hugs.
C

Julie Kaye said...

Love it. Would love any more that you've got! Considering the new addition to your family, you might be interested in my blog again! :)

Amy said...

If every blog I read (yours and everyone else's) were just pictures of Daisy, I'd be a happy lady.

Sharlynn said...

She is so precious!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Go ahead and become that kind of blogger because I would love to see pictures of your sweet baby. CONGRATS!!!

Ace said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. Please continue to post many many pictures.

Naomi said...

Congratulations you two! She is absolutely beautiful!

Christina said...

What do you think we've all been waiting for?????? Definitely pictures of Daisy. We still like you guys, too, so if you are inclined to post something of yourselves beside a nose, hand or t-shirt, we'd love it.

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! Finally! And she is AMAZINGLY beautiful. Can't wait for more photos, stories and poor Stan has no chance. Keep them coming!

Lisa said...

I love it! POST AWAY!!!!!!!!

Haylee said...

Meh. You have become THAT blogger. Pretty sure I won't be checking as often. Ha! Pretty sure I'm the crazy aunt who thinks your kid is actually my kid and has all of these pictures on all sorts of electronic backgrounds for all to see. Send me more. :)

Momma said...

Such wonderful pictures, and it does appear she continues to become even more beautiful every picture, or you have some sweet camera! We miss you all 4 (P,L,D,S)soooo much! The pictures do help a we bit though. Actually we haven't seen enough pictures of your first born and Daisy yet. How is the scout doing with his new sister?
Love you and miss you forever, Momma

The White's said...

I would give her the job hands down. Put on more pic I miss that girl.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! Daisy is gorgeous!!! (I am friends with Nicole and she posted your good news!) Yay!

Dottie Stay said...

Genius writer, beautiful wife, and adorable kids. (yes I for sure count scout) of course you have a million things to brag about. Hello?! ps - will Daisy marry one of my four sons? She is perfection in a sundress!

Dottie Stay said...

oh, and btw...nice move with the curtains. Only a normal sane person would have thought to do that. It's all those other freak shows that go to kiddie kandids.

Rachel said...

Good Gosh she is beautiful! She has the most perfect little lips! I've been waiting (impatiently) for pictures of her on here. Thanks for indulging me. I'm so happy for all three of you!

Anonymous said...

She is so incredibly beautiful. Congratulations!! Maybe the self indulgent "look at what my kid can do" blogs are really just our way of telling the world how happy and proud we are that we actually have someone we love more than life that we can brag about... So bring it on! I want to see more of little Daisy.

Gail said...

These pics r verry beautiful...I'm just now getting the hang of this whole blog'n thing with that said I hope all is well...God Bless you guy

~G,C,C~