Thursday, May 01, 2008

Up Up and Away!


So there really isn't a great reason to have taken so long between posts...but for this one, I have been promoted. Yup, I have been working my guts out and for good reason: about 2 weeks ago the powers that be offered me a promotion to be the Department Manager in Home at the SoHo Store. It was good and I was happy. They also informed me that I was on track to be the next Assistant Store Manager (which is like 2nd in command of the store, the position I held with Pier 1 for years). Then came the day when I was called into the boss' office to be officially offered the new position and she informed me that "Things have changed..." (that's what they say before they fire you for wearing sneakers) "and we would like to offer you the Assistant Store Manager Position at the SoHo store. " It came with a sweet raise and the chance to work with a great new manager to make a change in this awesome store in a cool part of the city. It's really swanky and posh so I should fit right in. I am, however, sad to leave Rock Center for two reasons: One, I really love the people there. Two, I helped Amy Pohler get a dressing room, find a pair of pants (size 6, but she's prego so lay off), and I made her laugh when she said, "Thank you" and I said, "That's what I do." And she laughed and I farted inside.

Anyway, so that's my news and I'm sorry it's not clever or well-pictured but it's what I got.
So I will be better in the future, but in the meantime you should read Lindsay's LA post again--it was beautiful.

~P

13 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

wow!congrats on making amy pohler laugh! (and the sweet promotion of course)

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

Sa-weet!!! It is always nice to have all of the hard work you put into something pay off.

petie said...

That's amazing news, Patrick. . .but not surprising. We think you're the best thing ever, so it was just a matter of. . .well, apparently weeks, before they figured it out too. For once, I'm glad I don't live near you guys, because then I don't have to feel bad about being neither rich enough or skinny enough to buy from your store. Congrats! It's nice that you're biding your time until Lindsay can support you.

Stacy said...

What gives "P"? I have not seen any of your crazy and nonsensical comments on my blog for, like, ages. Don't give me that work excuse either, goofing off is much more important. For instance, here I am blog surfing when I should be either A) Getting my work done B) Cleaning my house or C) Playing with my children.
I suppose my blog musings aren't funny enough anymore?
Ah, well. congratulations on your promotion. Continue charming your way to the top! :)
Wait...I didn't mean that as in your talent isn't getting you to the top...oh, you know what I mean.

loonieaunt said...

I must say I am so prowd of you!!! I'm not sure we will ever get you down on the farm again. I wanted to leave a comment about Lindsay's last blog, but of course I forgot my password and being just a little computer illerate it took days for me to get my act back together. Anyway it was so lovely it almost made me homesick for Southern Cal. I know that's just a little hard to believe but its true every word. Thanks so much!!!

Unknown said...

Heartfelt congrats, P-Ditty. On both pieces of news.

P.S. If I could have anyone with me knowing a chance meeting of a celeb could occur, it would be you. You always have the right thing to say to break down barriers.

Anonymous said...

OH SNAP I GUEss someone's going to rita's tonight!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! You have represented your friends and family well, my little city mouse (I don't know what that's supposed to mean, either.)! I bet Amy Pohler farted inside, too. She seems that way.

Matt Clayton said...

"...and I farted inside."

Don't mind me, I'm just going to keep laughing about that line for, say, another 30 minutes...

...could be longer.

Casey&Mal said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting!!!

Hailey said...

If you sold me a pair of pants, I would laugh too, because you just have that effect on people...

(Congrats!)

S&F Seminario said...

Of course! They are so SO happy they have you. I'm sorry I have nothing witty to say but I am just so glad that doors keep opening for you and Lindsay because you're such good people and go help people at the temple. Congratulations!

Momma said...

As we are all profoundly aware, that store is so lucky to have you! And you are deservingly blessed. And we are so very proud of you, your talent and accomplishments, and particularly your WIFE! I too had technical difficulties following my reading of Lindsay's spectacular LA blog. The writing was just lovely, like you were almost there, almost smelling sweat and flowers. It was just beautiful; Mary Lou loved it as well, and got a little homesick.
We miss you even more, but just look how you are growing. Love forever, Momma