Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shots from Our Garden on Garden Street...

Every Winter we decide to move. Our place is too small and there is sure to be some tempting 3 bedroom with a pool and a gym tucked closer to the PATH for less money.

But each Spring...

Green creeps up and over on to our deck. And flowers we've optimistically planted ...














Surprise us with endurance.

And the stairs into the Garden invite and remind, 'This is where you are, and this is where you belong.'












These are a few shots I collected today from, what will continue to remain, our own back yard.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly that your little piece of paradise (your very own backyard) in the hectic world that surrounds you is SOOOO... worth the dreary days of winter. It is such a calm and inviting place!!! And... we all know how much Scout loves it!!

Stacy said...

I agree you guys should move next winter.....back to Utah! But I do agree your garden is very beautiful.

Christie Gardiner said...

I love hydrangeas. I have tried unsuccesfully to get them to grow here in the desert for 3 years now!

Casey&Mal said...

BEAUTIFUL garden! I'm SO excited to see it...this week!

I also planted a garden this year - but it's a salsa garden...I planted flowers, too, but they didn't come up :( I'm very jealous of your lovely flowers!

Momma said...

I love love the hydrangeas, who knew you both were such little garderners! Perhaps it is the farmer gene from Grampa Seth.
And your photography is exquisite! Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents once again.
We miss you and love you!
See you in AUGUST!!
Love forever, Momma

petie said...

So beautiful! You must continue to live there until you buy a baby and then have to worry if there's enough grassy area for the soccer goal/swing set/sandbox.

Live Poker said...

This topic is simply matchless :), it is interesting to me.