Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why us? Why now?

So, who do we think we are? I've been thinking about blogging and what I think I would say and about what and about who, and the pressure to be witty almost crushes me. But then from the back corners of my mind comes a mothers voice, calm and sweet, gently nudging me that she has not seen the Halloween lights in our window or the pumpkins picked from a mowed field. Well, it is to that voice I write, that lovely high pitched swaying voice, asking what color our hair is, or what the dog is being for Halloween. So if you find yourself reading and find yourself wondering, "Meeah" just remember someone out there is thinking, "Really!"

-P

6 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

Hey! I know you guys!!

petie said...

So happy to see your blog! We miss you guys desparately. . .and this'll have to do for now -- until you finally move back to us in UT. You look great! Surprise! Surprise!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! P & L Blog!!! There is a hole in my heart from when you moved away - and I think I laugh a little bit less. That P is a funny one. And don't be scared of the blog world at all. Just write what is important to you and we'll be enthralled. You're two of the most captivating people I know, so no worries. I'll be checking each and every hour, on the hour, for the next blog. No pressure.

Liz Stanley said...

yeah!!! so glad you finally jumped on the blog bandwagon! yeah! well as your fellow neighbors on garden street i welcome you to the blogging world

P and L said...

Thanks, everyone. We feel properly welcomed to the blogging world, and will begin posting every hour, on the hour.

Eric, we were delighted when you emailed ten minutes after we announced the blog -- we can always count on your internet presence.

Ryan said...

I'm glad that I was on that list of people that you told about your blog........pause..pause......NOT! (sorry, Borat reference)

Anyway, welcome to the blogging world. I have undergone many transformations with mine from editorials to a photo journal and everything in between.

Have fun, because its fun!