Friday, October 27, 2006

SPOOKY!


We love Halloween, a ridiculous amount. My little sister hates it, and never dresses up, which I just cannot understand. P and I wait all year for the one night that we .can dress up and relive our high school drama glory days, yet still blend right in with the Wall Street crowd. All of us, anonymous, goofy, enchanting; pretending that it's acceptable for grown-ups to go out in public dressed as angels, sexy inmates, vampires and the rest.

Along with the dressing up, we decorate every year. October 1st (P made me wait), we pulled out our old lights, and went to Target to stock up on webs, gummy mice, and spiders. The spiders promptly invaded the lamp, while the mice nested on top of the television and on the window.

Our hearth (by hearth, I mean television console) is a dark menagerie of candles, pumpkins, and candy corn.

And this ghoulish display, craftily engineered by P, greets visitors from the street:


It would be nice if we had children, and could blame them for this obsession.

Oh well.
I guess we'll just have to own up to our demons.

-L


6 comments:

Lisa said...

YEAH! YOU HAVE A BLOG! My Halloween wish came true! It really is a magical time of year. . . I'm so glad you're obsessed with Halloween, too. Love the decorations! (what did people do before Target!?) Great pics!

Anonymous said...

ummm..so i will admit that one of my reasonings behind finallllly becoming a parent is that i can *at last* go trick-or-treating without people looking at me like i'm a fatty and a psycho. what they DON'T know is, i am still BOTH of those things, i just happen to have taken a kid along for the ride...

Anonymous said...

that was me, your old friend britt, by the way. you can't tell me that i'm not a good friend, because i squelched my feelings of inadequacy according to all things technological just so i could figure out how to comment on your blog. there. i've said it.

Liz Stanley said...

their cute apartment really is all decked out in spiders, webbing, and mini pumpkins. so festive

Amberly said...

This is me commenting on your blog, because you are nerds who have a blog now hahaha. Also, now I can internet stalk you, that makes me happy.

p.s. your house looks really cute

Anonymous said...

well well well..... i was here, reading your loverly blog. and i'll have you know that I don't completely hate halloween this year. It was somewhat fun to dress up.