Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Childhood Scare.

So, my brothers and I would fall asleep to this tape my Gramma gave us. We later (much later) found it and would act out the poems for each others enjoyment.

Well some of the poems would cause you to pull the covers up to your chin and wait this one out. And for some reason this one would get me real nervous at night alone in my bed. I think because there was a possibility that I could go away, chasing a dream and then never come back. And no one would ever know what happened to me.

And that terrified me.

~p

4 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

I had to turn this one off early last night because I really did get to scared sitting down here in my basement in a quiet where it's never quiet house.
AND I was also spooked this morning on my way to meet Sis. Johnson for our early morning walk, and I also blamed it on you guys and your spooky posts.

Stacy said...

What a strange little vignette. I think it is the voice that just conjures thoughts of a little old black man with heavy wrinkles and parched lips stretched across his gums (no teeth of course).
And what of the creepy 60 minutes tick tocking in the beginning...
I'm thoroughly enjoying your holiday spook posts. The pressure is on for Thanksgiving and Christmas now, though we may give you a break for Thanksgiving because I'm not sure how many Pilgrim-themed posts will spark interest.

S&F Seminario said...

I can't believe I wrote "to" scared instead of "too."
SO humiliating.

The Crockett's said...

Patch- I found you on Jenny (Ahlstrom) Stangers's blog! Fun to see what you're up to and you're seeking out your dreams! I totally remember listening to this tape with you and Amanda and all the shows we put on in the Pittards front sidewalk! Good Memories! Thanks!
~Mitch (Voss) Crockett